Wednesday, May 9, 2012

LIFE POST NUMERO UNO!!

Let me first start this new blog with a hello to anyone out there that is reading this. I was first introduced to the world of blogging my freshman year at the University of Montana in writing 101 class. I was totally hesistant about it at first but once I got a few posts under my belt I started getting used to the idea of putting my thoughts and feelings out there for everyone in my class (and the world wide web) to read. After the class was over I was thinking that I would continue for something to do -- unfortunately though that didn't happen for a multitude of reasons. Please enter life deciding to smack me upside the head and right down to my arse time one. My mother got sick so I dropped out of school after three semesters and moved back home to take care of her since my father worked out of state. She eventually got better (Enter life smack two) but my finances were gone and I was S.O.L. for returning to school then. So here we are a year after me quitting to take care of my mother and my finances are finally getting back on track. I am thinking about returning to school. Yay!!! November 21st, 2011 a day that will forever live in infamy for me. (Can I get a Life Smack number 3 Alex!!) My father comes home from working in Nevada and he is diagnosed with glioblastoma multiformae. Basically for him it means that he has three inoperable tumors in his brain that will one day kill him or leave him vegetabilized. After six months of grieving and some hard work on all of my family's part dad is through with radiation but he is currently on chemo therapy drugs for the rest of his willing life. The tumors are currently responding/shrinking with the drugs -- Woot Woot!! (Life Smack number four you ask??) Well it hasn't happened yet but as we all know it will and I will keep you posted. Before I get to carried away I want to share with you my vision for what this blog will become. I am currently 30 years old living in Helena, MT and I weigh in at 320 pounds. My dream for this blog, if you will, is that it become my soap box. Not that I want to sit and preach to everyone but more of the sharing with everyone side of it. I will talk about my family, my dreams and all of the goals that I set for myself. I hope that it in some way inspires people to take a look at themselves and see what in their life they love. What they can/should change and ultimately learn something inspiring from my tale. Over the next year I will be setting out on a mission to lose weight (my first goal is 25 lbs -- don't want to set the bar too high) find the confidence that I once had and be able to finish something that I start without feeling like I am neglecting someone/something else. I plan on writing a post every 1-2 days but we'll see how it flows with everything else so I hope you enjoy the ride. And with that I say, "Let the adventures begin.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment